After 1 month I achieve some basic data analysis using *only* PostgreSQL+PostGIS. This is an example of what I did:
- defined a regular spatial grid in PL/pgSQL (see fig 0 full size,the thumbnail is horrible) < [Interested in this function? Comment below, I could think of putting all the code somewhere]
- collected all the measurement in an area (the diamonds scattered around, all size in fig 1)
- selected all the measurements falling in each pixel (the smaller version of the diamonds in fig 2)
- calculated the average value of all the measurements parameters’ per pixel (fig 3)
- used some parameter to colorize the grid, in this case I used the reflectance at 0.5 microns (empty polygon contains no measurements).
And all using Free&Opensource software!
(Yeah, ehm just the DB feeding is not that open, but that’s my fault. I’ll learn!!)
PS: I acquired a new orthographic corrector, it’s called DictatorWannabe (thanks!) . It is smart,fast and efficient, and it will rule the World.